Thursday, December 07, 2006

Wa wi wa wa

Well, en route I seem to have misplaced some camera cords. So I am unable to post any pictures at the moment.

Here is something for LDS folk to consider-

"There are so many programs and things to do that a person/family can spend their whole time at the meeting house and that's not the way it's supposed to be. Elder Boyd K Packer talked with me (Kevin Nielson) 6 years ago about this very thing and said that the number of programs that exist so that there is something for everyone and a problem in the church is that people feel obligated to participate in everything. He cautioned that doing so causes us to lose touch with reality and prevents us from being the kind of neighbours, friends and parents that the Saviour expects us to be. I personally have found a good balance between fulfilling my calling and being a regular guy that my non-LDS neighbours can call a friend too. I fervently believe in the principles that the gospel provides to guide our lives, but that means we need to have a life!”

3 Comments:

Blogger yo said...

amen, brother Packer. We all miss you something fierce, L!

Friday, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same about the same things, now that I am back homw, I have church things coming out of the wazoo. I mean when will I find time to make regular friends. Become my own person if you know what I mean.

Laurelin

Wednesday, December 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just common sense and what all people need....balance in all things. Whatever your passion is in life..work, church, family, painting, etc. It all needs to be balanced and you must inforce your personal boundaries. If you don't, then you'll just end up burning out and feel guilty, since alot of times its church stuff you get sick of.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home