Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Home sweet home...

I am home!

After 25 hours of travelling, I arrrived safely in Wellington.It is good to be back.

My first impressions are:
1. It is FREEZING! Isn't it meant to be summer?
2. The sky is BLUE! I can't stop myself looking upwards and commenting on it.
3. Where are all the scooters?
4. Kiwi's are huge. Now, I am big myself. But after living so long in a
country of small people, I feel like I am in the land of giants.
5. Where are all the people?
6. New Zealand is beautiful!

It has been great to be around my family again. My mum and dad flew in from Sydney yesterday so everyone is here except Jona who is still in Taiwan.It has been quite the reunion. I can't believe how big and tall my nephews are now. It is so good to be around them all.

My mum and sister cooked a huge Samoan dinner - and I am stuffed! I ate my dinner with chopsticks...hahaha, some habits die hard.

I am still adjusting to kiwi life though. It is 1.30am. In Taiwan things would be getting started - everyone in my house has been in bed since before 12. Hmmm.....

3 Comments:

Blogger kiwintaiwan said...

great to hear you landed saftly , have a pie for us .... hugs from the Nicholsons (oh yeah and Bridgie)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really NOTHING beats going home! At least for the first few weeks ;)

Wednesday, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same impressions of Utah. Although it is not pretty.

Laurelin

Wednesday, December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home