Friday, November 17, 2006

Taipei

Damianne and her mother dropped in to Taiwan en route to India to visit Nick. Today we spent the day in Taipei. We travelled to Taipei on an Aloha bus from
Tai Chung-it's like a luxury tour bus. You have your own tv screen and gaming console, and a huge comfortable lazy boy recliner with in-built massager. Here is the safety sign on the bus, and the thought on my mind was - Where do I run?

 
Spent time at Taipei 101, and Page One (fabulous bookstore)- where I bought some books to read in Fiji.

 
At the top of 101 there was a really interesting display of finely carved gold pieces by a Taiwanese Artist.

  Posted by Picasa

  Posted by Picasa
I have to reccommend 'Les Suites Taipei'! What a fantastic hotel! The decor and service was great. As you can see from the lobby - it was wellstocked and beautiful.

 
 

I am going to miss living in a country with huge sprawling, populated cities. I was thinking today how the Christmas rush in NZ, or going to the mall will seem really small and unimpressive after living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home