Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A series of misfortunate events

Ahh, what a crazy week! I am feeling anxious, emotional and sad. There are lots of things going on at the moment. I am still finalizing selling my stuff, trying to clean, finishing last minute packing, trying to spend time with people, taking pictures, saying good bye, tying up loose ends, final shopping, dealing with emotions, soaking up Taiwan...the list is endless.


Sadly, my friend Fran's father passed away yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. She is an amazing woman, and has been a great friend in Taiwan. I could not have survived without her help and expertise!

This has added a twist of perspective in all these goings on, and it has been an added reminder of how grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ which helps me to know, and feel that we will see our family and friends again.

So, on Saturday, instead of coming together for a farewell party - we will be heading down to Kaoh Shiang to be with our mate. I will probably fly out from Taipei on Monday morning instead of Sunday morning. But as always, we will have to see!

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting;
The soul that rises with us, our life’s star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting.

And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home.”

William Wordsworth
“Intimations of Immortality

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blog!!! We're so glad you keep posting!!! WE check it all the time, so keep up the good work...we're still planning that trip to NZ...

Thursday, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

amazing pix. looks like you have had a wicked time there since we left...hmmm, why is that leah? Can't wait to see you. I miss blogging...no internet but i want to get back onto it. I guess it's good to be unplugged once in a while.

Friday, December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home