Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Taiwanese babies...


Every morning I hop on my scooter and head past the outskirts of Feng Yuan to We Can Pre School. Here I teach Dragonfly Class.
I never thought I would like teaching 4 and 5 year olds - but I love it! They are my Taiwanese babies. I enjoy being with them and all they hugs and kisses I get!


So from 9.30 to 11.30am, I teach them phonics, reading, writing, songs, cooking and other random things about the world. I have a lot of fun teaching them. They each have their own distinct personalities, and their little quirks and chinglish sayings keep me entertained all morning.

At the moment my kids are crazy about Michael Jackson's "Beat It".
Whenever I play it my kids sing at the top of their lungs and dance crazily around the room. I also taught them the chicken dance the other day. It makes me laugh to think about all the things that I have taught them that I remember from my own childhood.

Taiwanese students will have a plethora of English Foreign teachers in their lifetime. So I know that with time and distance memories of me will fade and dissapear. However they have left an indelible impression on my life. I will miss being with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home