Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Just call me Martha Stewart....

On Sunday, I admired my friend Mylee's beautiful new handmade scripture covers. I decided to give it a go, and asked Mylee to help me.


Mylee and I met in the rain and got my supplies. The hardest choice was the material to cover my scriptures with. I really wanted red Chinese silk but of course there was none. So, I decided on some black silk with chinesey looking patterns on it. I was a bit unsure about how it would look - as the patterns and things were in different colored embroidery and looked a bit over the top. But I bought it anyway.


Under Mylee's patient tutelage I measured, cut and glued my new scripture covers. I was hoping that she would just volunteer to make them for me...but she just directed the whole affair. Thanks Mylee! She is a talented woman! I will miss her when I go home.


My workspace


I think they look fabulous! So, I am feeling like quite the little homemaker......


I have never considered myself good at making stuff like this - but this evening made me think - I can cover anything!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not the most flattering picture of me, can you please choose another one?.....please.

Saturday, November 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home