Tuesday, November 07, 2006

28 days and counting....

Isn't it interesting how when one chapter in your life draws to close previously insignificant things suddenly become significant? I feel this way about having a blog. I have ummed and ahhed about blogging oh, for about a year. However, now that I am preparing to leave Taiwan, my home for the past 5+ years I now have a keen sense of recording my memories and experiences. So finally, it has begun!

I got released yesterday as the Relief Society President in my branch. It was a bittersweet experience. I felt really sad - probably because this title has defined a lot of who I have felt I was over the past couple of years - but also because I knew that it really did signal the end of things here in the Wan for me (at least for the next little bit!) I also spent the day reflecting on all the wonderful people that I had worked with in Relief Society, and all the women who had allowed me into their lives and their homes. What a ride and learning curve! For those of you who know me..Of course I was emotional, but it was only for a moment. When I got home from church I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and what I felt was relief. Funnily enough, I suddenly felt very motivated to pack. I haven't felt motivated to pack for the past month - so I was very grateful!

So, this will be an eclectic place where I countdown my departure from Taiwan, reminisce about my life here, and share my new upcoming life and adventures!

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

WOW! Leah you're going home! Thats exciting, but I'm sure bitter-sweet. Good luck with your new adventures. I'm so glad you decided to blog so I can keep up on your life! : ) You look beautiful!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home